West Texas Fair & Rodeo Has a Code of Conduct We Must All Follow
As we continue to deal with the heat and pray for rain, one thing is for sure, we will get some rain once the West Texas Fair and Rodeo (WTFR) comes to Abilene. When the WTFR is here, be aware that there are rules and a code of conduct we must all follow, or else, so don't be acting crazy.
A few weeks ago when a big rodeo was in town at the Expo Center, I had a conversation with the Director of the Taylor County Expo Center, Rochelle Johnson. I made the comment about how all the young Cowboys and Cowgirls competing in the rodeo were extremely polite and how I wished that attitude would spill over to some other young teens in West Texas.
Miss Johnson told me that the Expo Center and the West Texas Fair have a code of conduct posted with all the information about proper conduct, behavior, dress and so much more. Plus it's on the WTFR website.
Rochelle shared it with me and now I'm sharing it with you, it is posted below.
Code of Conduct
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. A shirt and shoes are required. No exposed underwear, baggy pants below the waist, mid-drift shirts, clothing with explicit wording or signing, gang colors, or gang signs.
- Gang-related dress and activities are prohibited.
- No disorderly, disruptive conduct or behavior that endangers others will be tolerated. Skateboarding, rollerblades, bicycles, radios, cat calls, profanity, etc. are prohibited.
- Any federal, state, or local criminally recognized act or group is prohibited.
- No picketing, distributing handbills, soliciting, or petitioning without management approval.
- No pets are allowed in public areas except those that aid the handicapped.
- Do not feed, water, or touch livestock in the show barns unless permission is granted by the animals' owner.
- Use trash receptacles - Please help us keep our facility clean for others to enjoy.
- No loitering, blocking storefronts, or walking groups that inconvenience others.
- School truancy policy enforced.
- No alcoholic beverages may be consumed beyond the Midway into the Carnival nor may they be consumed in the parking lots. Remember, if you drink DON’T DRIVE! Call a cab or have a friend drive you home.
- Smoking is prohibited. The West Texas Fair & Rodeo is a public event and smoking will not be allowed while on the fairgrounds
No food or drink is permitted to be brought into the gates unless for children in strollers.
- This list is not all-inclusive and may be modified at any time by the management.
Know the code of conduct, be polite, and don't act crazy, you could get escorted out.