Spooky Fun Halloween Events Around Abilene and West Texas
It seems every year there are more and more events taking place in and around the Big Country. Here is my attempt to share with you all the spooky fun plans for this year's Halloween that have been shared with me.
Now all you have to do is find the events that tickle your interest. Keep in mind that while most of these events are family-friendly, there are some that are for adults only.
If you have an event planned that is not seen here, please share it with me and I will add it to the list. Now get ready for pumpkin spice and everything not-so-nice...
Halloween Fun for Everyone
- The Abilene Public Library has a month-long list of fun events planned. For more information, click here.
- Boo Bash 2023 at the Swenson House is an adults-only party scheduled for October 21st from 7-11 P.M. Featuring DJ music, heavy hors d'oeuvres, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (with a special Boo Bash signature cocktail), a costume contest, and a spooky good time. Purchase tickets here.
- Abilene Police Department's annual Trunk-or-Treat is set for Thursday, October 26th, from 5:30-8 P.M. Come in costume for car trunks filled with candy. Everyone is invited to attend. Children must be accompanied by an adult guardian. This is a free family-friendly event.
- Haunted Abilene 2023 at the Swenson House is scheduled to take place October 27-28th from 7 P.M.-10 P.M. Travel into the scariest classic horror movies ever. This event is for the whole family. For tickets click here.
- Willowcreek Rehab and Nursing Trunk-or-Treat invites you to their spooktacular event on Thursday, October 26th from 6- 8 P.M. Get dressed up in your favorite costume and come to 4934 South 7th St. This is a free family-friendly event open to the community.
- Fall Festival at Lee Orthodontics at 3002 S. Clack St. on October 30th from 6-8 P.M. Dress up and join the fun. This event will feature vendors like May Farms Petting Zoo, Jumps & Tents Obstacle Course, DJ & Tumble Trolley, Tea2Go, and the Toasted Traveler food truck. This is a free family-friendly event.
- The Annual Aldersgate Methodist Church Trunk-or-Treat is Saturday, October 28th, beginning at 9 A.M. with an adults-only blood drive, then from 4-6 P.M. with fun for everyone. Find candy, games, activities, and more at 1741 Sayles Blvd. This is a free family-friendly event.
- Premier Martial Arts Annual Trunk-or-Treat is Saturday, October 28th, from 6-8 P.M. at both 3287 S. 14th St. and 6410 Buffalo Gap Rd. Wear your costume for candies, goodies, and more. This is a free family-friendly event.
- Abilene Public Library's Mall-O-Ween is Monday, October 30th, 6 P.M. The mall’s annual celebration has a costume contest for kids, trick-or-treating at mall retailers, and more. This is a free family-friendly event.
- A trunk-or-treat hosted by Kinder Hearts Home Health & Hospice is scheduled for Monday, October 30th, from 5:30-7:30 P.M. at 842 N. Mockingbird Lane. Wear your costume. Candy, games and Garzilla's Food Truck will be onsite. Contact Maria at 325-672-6135 for more info.
Don't miss out on all the fall festivals and Halloween fun taking place in and around Abilene.
LOOK: These Homes Here In Abilene Have the Halloween Spirit
Gallery Credit: Rudy Fernandez
LOOK: How Halloween has changed in the past 100 years
Gallery Credit: Brit McGinnis